Last updated: November 3rd, 2021
Before you use our Services, please read this Policy in its entirety, to help you make informed decisions about your relationship with us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What information does SaksWorks collect?
What are my Tracking Options?
How does SaksWorks use the information collected?
What information does SaksWorks share with others?
What choices do I have about receiving communications from SaksWorks?
What about children’s privacy?
What about security?
What about other websites?
For how long and where is my data stored?
What if I live outside of the United States?
What if I live in California?
How does SaksWorks communicate changes to this Policy?
Whom do I contact if I have additional questions or concerns about this policy?
Q: What information does SaksWorks collect?
A: SaksWorks may collect information from or about you in a number of ways. Please note that if you decline to provide any of the requested information (whether or not required), you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services and their features or make a purchase from us:
From SaksWorks Interactions With You: We collect information from and about you and your transactions and other interactions with us. This may include, but is not limited to, when you visit our Site(s), use the Services, work at our locations, sign up for our newsletters or email lists, participate in events, sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, participate in a review, survey, or other similar programs, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information, gender, birthday, age, other demographic information, your interests, employer and employee information, and office and work-space preferences.
If you make a purchase from us, we may also collect a credit or debit card number or other financial information, CVV, and billing address for you or your company.
Information You Provide About a Third Party: If you send someone else a communication from the Services (such as sending a gift or virtual gift card), we may collect information such as that person’s name, telephone number, email, and/or shipping address.
From Third Party Sources: We may acquire information from other sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically (such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic information), or when you connect with the company through a third party (including through social networks) based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party sites.
Combination of Information: We may combine the information we receive from or about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Site, as well as information across other computers or devices that you use, with information we collect or receive about you from other online and offline sources, or from other third party sources.
Sensory data and other electronic information: We may collect information that you share using the Services (such as videos or photos) or footage captured by CCTV. We may use this information for our business purposes.
Q: What are my Tracking Options?
A: Certain parts of the Site require cookies. You can set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or control your tracking preferences.
- To learn more about managing your privacy and storage settings and opting out from receiving third party advertiser cookies, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Q: How does SaksWorks use the information collected?
A: SaksWorks may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, install, and track your order (including to process payment card transactions, arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, maintain a record of the purchases you make, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone) or to service products you purchased from us.
- To enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or when you call our customer service.
- To send you catalogs, information, newsletters, promotional materials and other offerings from SaksWorks or on behalf of our partners and affiliates.
- To provide you with customized Site content, targeted offers, promotions and advertising on the Site, through other third party sites or apps, or via email offered by SaksWorks or other marketing partners that might be of interest to you.
- To improve our sites, products/services, customer service, and customer experience.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- To contact you when necessary or requested, including responding to your questions and comments and providing customer support.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
- As otherwise allowed by law for our own internal purposes to improve our performance and to uphold the SaksWorks image and brand.
- For external purposes where we believe those external purposes are consistent with the SaksWorks brand image or allow for a SaksWorks style experience to extend beyond our sites or Services.
Q: What information does SaksWorks sell or share with others?
A: SaksWorks will never sell or rent your personally identifying information to third parties. SaksWorks shares personal information with others to be able to improve our service and offerings to you and to enable the extension of the SaksWorks brand and experience beyond our locations and the Services. In addition, SaksWorks may share personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
Saks Family of Companies: We may share collected information within the family of companies also owned or operated by Hudson’s Bay Company that are part of the Saks Family of Companies. This includes Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Hudson’s Bay, and any future additions to the companies owned or operated by Hudson’s Bay Company (all together the “Saks Family of Companies, “we” “us” or “our”).
Other Third Parties: SaksWorks may share your information with select partners, affiliates, and other third parties that we believe may have offers or be of interest to you in support of your customer experience with us or others or to extend the SaksWorks brand experience beyond our sites and Services.
Legal Disclosures; Safety: SaksWorks may transfer and/or disclose the information we receive from and about you to comply with a legal obligation; to provide information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities in accordance with applicable law; and when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. We also reserve the right to share information with legal authorities and other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, to detect any technical or security vulnerabilities, to enforce applicable policies, or to otherwise protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, users of the Services, SaksWorks, or the public.
Service Providers: We use third-party “service providers” to perform certain services on our behalf and may share information about you where needed to provide the services. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using, retaining, or disclosing personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws and requirements, which may include Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards if they are processing or transmitting payments for the Saks Family of Companies.
Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share or sell aggregate or anonymous information with or to our affiliates, agents, service providers, business partners, or other third parties for their marketing or analytics uses or for other lawful purposes. This type of non-identifiable and aggregate information cannot be used to identify you personally.
Q: What choices do I have about receiving communications from SaksWorks?
A: To receive promotional offers from SaksWorks, you can sign up on our Site or contact a Customer Service representative. If you register for an account or make a purchase, you will automatically receive promotional emails and direct mail from the Saks Family of Companies. We provide our customers with the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving emails or direct mailings other than those for purposes directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment or delivery of a product order or your transactions with us. We provide you with the following options if you prefer to “opt out” of receiving information or materials that we think may be of interest to you:
- Electronic Promotional Offers: At all times, you have the option of “opting out” of receiving promotional emails from the sender only by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any of the promotional emails you receive.
- Direct Mail Promotional Offers: If you would like to be removed from our SaksWorks catalog mailing list, please contact a Customer Service representative by email to [email protected] to stop receiving paper catalogs.
- Other Contact: In all cases, you may email us at [email protected] or write to us at SaksWorks, 225 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281, Attn: Privacy.
If you receive marketing communications from one or more companies within the Saks Family of Companies, you must opt-out individually from each of the companies from which you are receiving company-specific marketing communications.
A: Protecting children’s privacy is important to us, and the Site is not intended for children under the age of thirteen. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, such children. If SaksWorks learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Site, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
A: We have taken certain physical, administrative, operational, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the confidentially, integrity and availability of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
A: Our Site may include links to third-party websites or apps that are not affiliated with SaksWorks. These websites or apps may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit your information. The privacy policies of these other websites or apps may be very different from our policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites or apps and cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you provide to or that is collected by such third party sites or apps.
A: Your personal information may be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to perform the purposes listed under “How does SaksWorks use the information collected?” For example, if you create an online account with us, we will store any personal information associated with your account for as long as you remain a customer or we believe we may be in a position to provide offers or services to you. If you make a purchase, we will store any personal information associated with that purchase as long as required to fulfill the order, process any returns, provide customer service and support an enhanced shopping experience, remember your preferences for future interactions, or be able to provide you with offers or services. Your personal information is subject to the laws of the United States. The servers and databases in which information may be stored may be located outside the country from which you accessed the Services and in a country where the data protection and other laws may differ from your country of residence. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
Q: What if I live outside of the United States?
In addition, residents of certain countries, including European Union member states (and the United Kingdom), have some or all of the following rights with respect to personal information collected from and about them when accessing or using the Services: the right to request access to, and the correction, erasure, and/or restriction of processing of, such personal information; in some instances, the right to object to the processing of such personal information; in some instances, the right to request that SaksWorks export, in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format, and transmit to another controller, such personal information; and the right to withdraw, at any time, any consent to the processing of such personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact SaksWorks via email at [email protected].
Q: What if I live in California?
A: If you are a California resident, the California Shine the Light law gives you the right to request information about our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make a shine the light request, please submit a written request to the following email address: [email protected]. Please include “Attn: California Privacy” in the subject line. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from SaksWorks and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.